EDUCATOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The Museum offers a variety of teacher trainings and events. We are certified by the Texas Education Agency to issue CPEs to teachers attending our educational events.
New for 2023!
Candy Brown Holocaust and Human Rights Educator Series
This Educator Series has evolved from the annual conference. The new Series allows educators, librarians, and counselors to connect with the Museum on multiple dates throughout the year on different topics related to the Museum's educational mission.
- Holocaust Remembrance Week - Sunday, January 22, featuring exclusive highlight screening of the Ken Burns, Lynn Novick, and Sarah Botstein documentary The U.S. and the Holocaust
- Teaching Genocide Studies - Saturday, April 29, featuring a diverse panel of survivor speakers
- Teaching Ethnic Studies - Tuesday, June 20, featuring experienced educators and keynote experts
- Teaching Holocaust Literature - Tuesday, July 11, featuring a keynote by Alan Gratz, best-selling author of Refugee and Prisoner B-3087
- Teaching Human Rights - October 11, 2023, featuring best practices and resources presented by Museum Educators
Events are in person at the Museum, with select virtual options available.
Cost: $75 full series | $25 per session
ELEMENTARY EDUCATORS Professional Development
Join us at the Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum in our annual professional development for K-5 educators, counselors, and librarians. Receive the social emotional learning tools, resources, and confidence to teach your students the importance of empathy, acceptance, and kindness through historical Upstanders.
Returning in 2024.
Summer Professional Development Opportunities Across Texas and Oklahoma
Explore the offerings at the Museum or at an Education Service Center or university near you.
Returning in summer 2024.
Looking for Educator Professional Development?
Our Education Team provides professional development on Holocaust history, Upstander skills, civil/human rights history, and 10 Stages of Genocide for ESC Regions, school districts, and schools. We can create a customized professional development on your campus or at the Museum. For more information, contact email@example.com.