About the Museum
Mission and History of
We are dedicated to teaching the history of the Holocaust and advancing human rights to combat prejudice, hatred, and indifference.
Founded in 1984 by a group of Dallas area Holocaust Survivors, the Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum is dedicated to teaching the history of the Holocaust and advancing human rights to combat prejudice, hatred and indifference. Located in Dallas’ Historic West End, the Museum hosted more than 80,000 visitors in 2018, among them 34,000 school children. A top-rated attraction in North Texas, the Museum is one of just a few Holocaust-related museums or centers in the United States and the only Holocaust museum serving North Central Texas, as well as the adjacent states of Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana. The Museum has been recognized for its compelling and creative programming, internationally recognized exhibits, and world-class speakers.
Programs and services include:
- Permanent and special exhibitions of the highest caliber, with docent-assisted and self-guided tours;
- Holocaust Survivors’ testimonies shared with thousands of Museum visitors and school groups each year and Survivor presentations to organizations throughout the region;
- Hundreds of school tours conducted for students grades 6-12;
- Upstander Speaker Series bringing renowned speakers on human rights issues to the DFW community;
- Civil Discourse Series presenting multiple sides of thought-provoking topics through respectful discussion;
- Subject matter experts available to speak to schools and community groups;
- A rich archive and research library available to Museum members and researchers;
- Digitized testimonies of Holocaust Survivors and Survivors of other genocides available for viewing in the library.
If you haven’t been to the Museum yet, please plan to visit soon.
Interested in attending speaker events, films, panel discussions and special events? Visit the Calendar of Events Programs & Events web page.
The Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum is a Partner Agency of the Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas.
An Immersive, Interactive Journey Unlike Any Other
Please join us for a visit. Unforgettable doesn't begin to describe the experience.