PREPARE FOR YOUR FIELD TRIP
Explore all the educational tools and resources to prepare your students to visit the Museum.
The TEKS- and curriculum-aligned Teacher’s Guide helps educators prepare their students for a visit to the Museum. The guide includes teaching guidelines, pre-visit lesson activities, Museum field trip guides, post-visit lesson activities, and teaching resources.
Download individual lesson activity worksheets.
- Pre-Visit Activity Worksheet 1: Key Vocabulary
- Pre-Visit Activity Worksheet 2: Essential Geography
- Pre-Visit Activity Worksheet 3: 10 Stages of Genocide Graphic Organizer
- 10 Stages of Genocide in the Holocaust Poster
- Pre-Visit Activity Worksheet 4: Analyzing American Ideals and Repair
- Pre-Visit Activity Worksheet 5: Analyzing American Ideals and Repair Expansion
- Pre-Visit Activity Powerpoints
- Post-Visit Activity Worksheet 6: Upstander Reflection One Pager
Field Trip Guides
Our team of TEA-certified Museum Educators has created a set of TEKS- and grade-aligned worksheets that serve as Field Trip Guides for your student to use while touring the main exhibition. These Field Trip Guides are essential to fully engaging with the exhibition and will enhance the students’ experience at the Museum.
Field Trip Guide Facts
- Teachers must pre-print the Field Trip Guides at school for each student. The Museum will not provide or print worksheets at the Museum.
- The Museum will provide clipboards and pencils upon arrival.
- All Field Trip Guides conclude with a map of the Museum to aid students in finding the location of their worksheet activities.
- The Museum’s docents are trained to recognize the Field Trip Guides and assist your students as needed.
Download Field Trip Guides
- 6th grade: World Cultures - How to be an Upstander in a bystander world?
- 7th grade: Texas History - Local Connections
- 8th grade: U.S. History - Embrace Ideals, Challenge Reality, Participate in Repair
- 9th and 10th grade: World History - Fighting for Human Rights
- 11th grade: U.S. History - Embracing American Ideals: Rights and Citizenship
Museum Resources - COMING SOON!
Educators can download educational tools and resources to prepare for their visit.
Please enter the access code you received in your group tour reservation or email Claire Robinson, Museum Educator, at [email protected] to receive an access code.